Monday, March 31, 2008

Our Brian Wins Pie Competition!!!


The brother Brian's bakery, Thomas's Bakery in Dalton-in-Furness, has won a Best Pie Competition in Cumbria run by a local radio station - Abbey FM. The competition was organized by the radio station in response to the Hairy Bikers - see the article "Pies in their Eyes" on Abbey FM's web site.

The picture on the left of Brian, my sister Kathleen, and I was taken outside Brian's bakery in Dalton in June 2006. This was during the 2006 European Football Finals in which England were taking part - hence the St George's Cross flag on Brian's van.

The pies were blind tasted in a "Pie-Off" by hairy biker and DJ John Little - click the "play" button on the audio bar below to hear Abbey FM's report on this competition:


Brian was also interviewed by Abbey FM (as well as the BBC!) - below is a short clip featuring Brian's reaction to the result:



I contacted the News team at Abbey who kindly supplied the reports in MP3 format. They also gave me permission to reproduce the clips here - many thanks to Rosie Hillman for sending me the files.

I plan to add more photos and reports on this to my blog. It's not every day that your brother wins a "Pie-Off" competition. Well done Brian!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment