Friday, March 27, 2009

Queue Jumper

This morning I needed to get petrol for the Harley on the way to work and I stopped off at Esso in Stillorgan. I had a 9 o'clock class and was in a bit of a hurry. Typical... the woman in front of me at the check-out wanted to pay in coins. She had several bags which had to be counted out by the guy behind the counter - this was taking quite a bit of time. Another woman came in behind me and became impatient. She had the correct amount of money and decided to jump ahead of me to get the attendant to take her money - I was annoyed at this. Rightly, the attendant told her that he was dealing with another customer (the coin woman), and to wait. In the end she left the money on the counter and walked out. Bitch! To make matters worse, when the coin woman left the attendant refused to deal with me when I asked him until he had put the bitch's money in to the till and to record the sale!

I got a minor amount of satisfaction when I passed the bitch out in traffic a few minutes later. Was I right to be annoyed at this queue jumper? I said nothing to her, but wanted to say "Hey - there's a queue here!". I took the easy way out, avoided confrontation. and let the bitch jump ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment