Friday, June 04, 2010

My YouTube Channel - 100,000 views


Now here's something for me to celebrate - my YouTube Channel has just passed the 100,000 views mark! Of course this is very modest in the context of YouTube, but for me it is something special. That so many people have accessed my videos and hopefully found them useful, is very satisfying. Elliott Masie told us at the EdTech 2010 Conference that "How To" videos are the most popular video type in YouTube.

It was April 10th last (55 days ago) that I wrote about reaching the 75,000 mark - that's an average of 454 views per day since then. Most of my viewers are male and in the 45-54 age group (funnily enough - the same as me). YouTube Insight reveals a lot of interesting information about who is accessing what from where. While my video about creating a Pareto chart is still the most popular, the one about embedding a YouTube video into PowerPoint is gaining in popularity. The "Problem-Solving" techniques section is now beginning to pick up viewers. I hope to add a few more over the next couple of weeks before the holidays. I'm also planning to re-record the "How To..." videos for Office 2010 after the summer break (when we switch to Windows 7 and Office 2010 in the College).

Many thanks to all my viewers - these numbers encourage me to keep this up and create even more videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment